2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Technician JO2894
2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Technician
37.5 Hours Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.00pm
Our client was founded in 2006, with its main aim to provide an IT outsourcing philosophy to fit any size or shape of business. They have substantially grown their IT solutions capability with leading global players such as VMware, Eir and Microsoft and now have an opening for a talented 2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Technician. This diverse role will offer the successful candidate a role which will involve both remote and on-site client support offering the opportunity to work as an extension of client’s own team.
- Installation and configuration of software on network servers and PCs at customer premises.
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting MS365.
- Experience of installing, configuring & supporting UTM devices e.g. Fortigate, Sonicwall, Cisco, Draytek.
- It is anticipated that much of this work will involve Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Exchange, Windows, and security solutions, although a variety of other software will also be involved from time to time.
- Installation of desktop, server, network and communications systems at customer premises.
- Provision of technical support, by telephone and at customer premises working with computer users to resolve problems and answer questions on a variety of hardware components and software programs.
- The planning, design and project management of new installations.
- The planning, specification and evaluation of technical projects.
- Maintain all documentation, relating to both internal and external customer projects, up-to-date and accessible internally.
- Troubleshooting of networking and system problems on customer sites, including the documentation of solutions for common problems.
- Testing and evaluation of new software, particularly on the VMware, HyperV, Ericom and Microsoft platforms.
- Contribute to the overall development of the company’s internal systems and customer base.
- Present and demonstrate solutions to customers as part of the sales process
- Servers/Workstations Hardware (Dell, HP, SuperMicro)
- Windows Server Support (Full range of roles and features)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV, VMware)
- Backup Solutions
- Networking Protocols (TCP, IP, DNS, DHCP) and Devices including Switches, Routers and Firewalls
- Microsoft 365 Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Google Apps and Amazon S3
- Minimum 3+ years experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Keen and fast learner, enthusiastic about helping users
- Confident communication skills across phone, email and face-to-face
- Proficient organisational skills and able to prioritise
- Ensuring SLA’s are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix
- Willingness to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation’s
Conditions of Employment Salary:
The salary and benefits for this position will be determined according to the experience of the person appointed.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice. Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible. Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria. You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title. (Noted above) Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary. Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles. Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org