Chemical Design Engineer – JO2824
Website Network Recruitment
Connect | Achieve | Grow
Job Title: Chemical Design Engineer
Ref No.: JO2824
Location: Greater Manchester Area
Contract Type: Permanent Position
Our client designs and manufactures boiler flue gas economisers, pressure vessels, condensate vessels, blowdown tanks and gas coolers (both thermal oil and water/glycol). They serve customers throughout the U.K., the export markets and have ambitious plans for expansion in the short and medium term. They currently have a full and growing order book and as part of their future plans, they now have a requirement for a suitably experienced and qualified Chemical Design Engineer to join the team in this exciting period of change to develop with the business and who will help to accelerate their growth going forward. Our client is accredited to ISO 9001 and ASME_U.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Chemical Design Engineer will be responsible for the handling of contracts from initial enquiry, through design and manufacture to close-out. This includes all aspects of the process from:
- Preparing quotations against enquiries
- The design of products (economisers/vessels etc.)
- Preparing general arrangement drawings
- Preparing related drawings
- Procuring materials
- Preparing documentation (O&M, QA etc.)
This will involve:
- Regular contact with the customer
- Liaising with the Works Manager to progress jobs through the works
- Responsible for cost control and ensuring contracts run to budget
- Liaising with Works Manager and other Project Engineers to plan production
- Representing our client at industry events and tradeshows
- Attending weekly contract update meetings
- Assisting in the specification of design requirements for all equipment including new-build and modifications to existing units
- Ensuring that all information relating to projects and assets is accurately recorded and stored appropriately
- Ensuring house-keeping is maintained to a high standard to improve efficiency and safety at all times
- Carrying out process design to the company’s internal and external quality standards
Main requirements, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified Engineer (Chemical)
- 5 years+ practical experience ideally within a small-medium sized engineering company
- Effective time management and planning skills, well organised and can work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Fully proficient in MS Office
- Full clean driving licence
- Must have a constructive team working mentality to work well alongside others within a small and tight-knit engineering team. Should be hardworking, self-motivating and always take pride
in their work
- Should be flexible and always be willing to learn
- Applicants must have demonstrable experience in a similar role in the Engineering/Manufacturing industry with a medium to large organisation
- Experience in AutoCAD/SolidWorks and able to produce engineering drawings including general arrangements and fabrication drawings
Requirements – Desirable:
- Though not absolutely essential, it would be very advantageous for the successful candidate to have worked in the Industrial Boiler industry, and therefore be familiar with tubular heat exchangers, pumps, pipework, and pressure vessels
- Ideally the successful candidate will be familiar with PED, PD5500, BS1113 and ASME although training will be given
- Project management experience and a working knowledge of CDM regulations
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “Word” format only, with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated then there is no fixed closing date. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
We reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org