Participant Recruitment Officer, Job Ref. JO2960
Participant Recruitment Officer, Job Ref. JO2960
Location: Magherafelt Base, covering various areas
Fixed Term Contract to 28th February 2019 (Maternity Cover)
Fulltime, 37.5 hours per week
Our client was established in 1989 and specialises in the delivery of back to work and employability initiatives. As a result of continued growth, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Participant Recruitment Officer for their Jobmatch Programme. The Jobmatch Programme is part funded by the European Social Fund and Department for Economy.
To raise the profile of the Jobmatch programme and Network Personnel by carrying out effective marketing and communication campaigns to attract new participants to the programme whilst ensuring that they have a clear understanding of the support available.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the programme and the opportunities available to participants.
- Attract new participants to the programme and Company, by liaising with other training programmes, supported services and promotion on social media.
- Complete initial eligibility checks on participants and carry out an assessment of each participant to ensure that they are registered onto the most appropriate initiative that best suits their needs.
- Develop an annual marketing strategy for the programme in co-operation with other team members.
- Publicise the strengths and achievements of the programme using various methods to include social media, leaflets and press releases.
- Attend and give presentations at external events to create awareness of the programme, strengthen relationships with key stakeholders and encourage referrals.
- Prepare appealing marketing literature that is relevant and appropriate for the participant group ensuring that all funder protocols are adhered to.
- Plan and manage advertising campaigns and promotions, identifying new ways to promote the programme and Company.
- Appraise completed marketing drives and implement improvements.
- Maintain clear communication channels with other team members ensuring they are aware of and contribute to the various campaigns.
- Liaise with printers, the press, photographers and other relevant PR agencies.
- Respond effectively to enquiries about the programme and the organisation as a whole.
- Work in a confidential and professional manner responding to sensitive issues that ensures participant welfare and safety is of paramount importance and subject to safeguarding guidelines.
- Be quality and target driven, ensuring all DfE/ESF and organisational targets, deadlines and standards are achieved and consistently achieve set individual objectives, targets and KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad spectrum of relevant organisations in the respective geographical areas from the private, voluntary and public sector and manage a contact database.
- Compile relevant, accurate statistics on a monthly and annual basis and reflect on and review the effectiveness of the various strategies with the line manager.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the life span of the project.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through effective communication with employers, clients and other stakeholders as required.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships within the Jobmatch, the Company and other stakeholder groups e.g. attending team meetings, networking events, etc.
- Undertake CPD activities which enhance individual and organisational performance, maintaining/developing relevant skills to the highest professional standards.
- Adhere to and uphold the Company’s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times including Equal.
- Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Lone Working, Confidentiality etc. and provide these policies to clients.
- Undertake regular, formal reviews with the line manager, reflecting on targets, performance and practice.
- Any other related/reasonable duties as required by management and/or the business objectives.
Criteria – Essential:
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Marketing, Communication or a Business discipline.
- Plus • 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above to include English.
- Experience of having worked with marginalised, unemployed/economically inactive individuals over a reasonable period of time.
- Experience of using a variety of marketing strategies and tools to generate business (visual, written, physical and online) within a relevant business setting.
- A demonstrable track record of consistently having met and exceeded targets and deadlines in a target orientated role over a reasonable period of time.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the most effective way to use a variety of online marketing tools and platforms in a professional capacity including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage own workload and prioritise essential/key tasks to meet needs of the business.
- Self-motivated and resilient with a desire to succeed.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Organisational skills.
- Empathic and approachable.
- Innovative with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to a high-level degree of accuracy.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a desire to succeed.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes or ability to demonstrate alternative method of being able to fulfil any travel related duties of the role.
Criteria – Desirable:
- Experience gained within the recruitment industry or training sector.
- Experience of working with individuals furthest from the labour market.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in “Word format only” highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
Upon receipt of your application, you will receive a Candidate Declaration Form. This must be completed in full and returned to us before the closing date. Failure to return this form will render your application incomplete and you will not progress further in the process.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th May 2018 at 5pm.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com