Project Support, Job Ref. JO3009
Project Support, Job Ref. JO3009
Fixed Term Contract to 31st March 2022 (subject to annual funding review)
Salary – £16,000 per annum, increasing to £17,000 on successful completion of probationary period
37.5 hours per week
Our client was established in 1989 and specialises in the delivery of back to work and employability initiatives. As a result of continued growth, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Project Support for their Jobmatch Programme in Antrim. The Jobmatch Programme is part funded by the European Social Fund and Department for Economy.
Working in partnership with members of the Jobmatch Team to support the short and long-term unemployed, helping those who are marginalised including ex-offenders, those with drug and alcohol issues, carers, the economically inactive and those who have not reached the threshold for other government initiatives.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Speak to potential referrals, provide CV building support to participants (‘drop-in’ and appointments).
- Speak to potential referrals, assist with job search activities including trawling vacancies and job applications.
- Provide administrative services to the Jobmatch Team including processing, photocopying making and receiving calls, ensuring that records and statistical information is readily available.
- Maintain and develop the ICT Systems including security and back up.
- Use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, to produce correspondence and documents and assist participants with job search activities.
- Work in a confidential and professional manner responding to sensitive issues that ensures participant welfare and safety is of paramount importance and subject to safeguarding guidelines.
- Be quality and target driven, ensuring all DfE/ESF and organisational targets, deadlines and standards are achieved and consistently achieve set individual objectives, targets and KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with relevant statutory, community and voluntary organisations.
- Maintain accurate records of work undertaken with participants that contain detailed up-to-date engagement notes, full details of specific interventions, evidence of positive outcomes etc.
- Ensure that all information and statistics are completed to the standards and deadlines stipulated by the funding bodies.
- Ensure the accuracy and completion of all administrative forms, reports etc. is provided in a timely manner.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through effective communication with employers, clients and other stakeholders as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safeguarding of ‘Adults at Risk’, reporting issues as they arise.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships within the Jobmatch Team, the Company and other stakeholder groups e.g. attending team meetings, networking events, etc.
- Undertake CPD activities which enhance individual and organisational performance, maintaining/developing relevant skills to the highest professional standards.
- Adhere to and uphold our client’s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times including Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Lone Working, Confidentiality etc. and provide these policies to clients.
- Undertake regular, formal reviews with the line manager, reflecting on targets, performance and practice.
- Any other related/reasonable duties as required by management and/or the business objectives.
- 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above to include English and Maths OR Essential Skills Numeracy & Literacy.
- Working towards Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in Advice & Guidance, Mentoring, Coaching, Counselling or demonstrable equivalent.
- Experience of working in an administration role within a busy office environment over a reasonable period of time.
- Significant experience of maintaining manual office documents.
- Significant experience of maintaining filing systems.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work productively in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure in a busy office environment.
- Innovative with the ability to take initiative.
- Good presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a desire to succeed.
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others.
- Good time management skills.
- Approachable, empathic and compassionate.
- Open-minded and impartial team player.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes or ability to demonstrate alternative method of being able to fulfil any travel related duties of the role.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 23rd July 2018 @ 5pm.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict ‘best practice’ policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com