Quality Engineer – JO2830
Website Network Recruitment
Connect | Achieve | Grow
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Ref No.: JO2830
Location: Greater Manchester Area
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our client designs and manufactures boiler flue gas economisers, pressure vessels, condensate vessels, blowdown tanks and gas coolers (both thermal oil and water/glycol). They serve customers throughout the U.K., the export markets and have ambitious plans for expansion in the short and medium term. They currently have a full and growing order book and as part of their future plans, they now have a requirement for a suitably experienced and qualified Quality Engineer to join the team in this exciting period of change to develop with the business and who will help to accelerate their growth going forward. Our client is accredited to ISO 9001 and ASME_U.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for initiating, recommending, verifying, and providing solutions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity related to our products, process and the quality systems.
- Investigation of any production issues.
- Inspection of the products throughout manufacture to ensure they are correct to drawing/s on completion.
- Customer complaint evaluation, analysis, reporting and timely closure.
- Complaint trending and monitoring of corrective actions.
- Control of Non-Conforming Material Review.
- Maintenance & communication of all in-house Quality Standards.
- Development, issuance and implementation of QA documentation.
- Liaise with superior and other functional supervisors routinely.
- Participate in the development, validation and implementation of the manufacturing processes and equipment for existing and new products.
- Manage/execute site quality systems including, internal and supplier auditing, product release and validation activities.
- Lead Problem Solving, Failure & Root Cause Analysis.
- Adherence to regulatory standards including ISO 9001.
- Delivering in-house training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Goods receipt of all delivered parts.
- Manage the Material Certificates and Quality Manuals.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety Consultant.
- Manage the Training Matrix for all shop floor staff.
- Manage the inspections list when machinery requires re-testing or servicing.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quality/Engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a Quality Assurance environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems and solid working knowledge of processes and products.
- ISO 9001/2014 knowledge and experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both written & verbal and interpersonal.
- Computer literate (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, Email).
- Results driven team player with excellent communication skills.
- Lean/Six Sigma Training would be an advantage.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to make quick and appropriate decisions.
- Proficient at multitasking and prioritising.
- Candidates from a Heavy-Duty Manufacturing background will have a distinct advantage.
- Internal Auditor Training.
- Knowledge of fabrication/manufacturing drawings and processes would be advantageous to the role.
- Projects a strong professional image and able to interact within all levels of the organization.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is desirable.
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “Word” format only, with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted.
All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated then there is no fixed closing date. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavor to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
We reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org